Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bubby Luke "memories of emotion."

Ever since our little boy passed away, I constantly find myself battling to control my emotions.....I miss Bubby every minute of every day, and it is hard for people to understand that the emptiness feeling will never ever heal. When someone dies, time does help, I know in the past time certainly helped me but losing Luke is a completely different thing. A big part of me died with my son and I am constantly fighting myself in trying to be as normal as I can. I often drift off in my own mind and go back to those 2 special days that we had with our beautiful son. They are happy memories but also so very painful, but when memories are all you have then you try and embrace them........I will always remember my son as the proudest and most loved part of myself and CJ. He was beautiful and to me he will always be the most important little person in my life. .........I just wish I had the answer of how to be a better husband and cope with this pain because I know my wife needs me sometimes more than I can give.
Sleep peacefully little man, Daddy loves you xxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to send you a copy of this poem. I think it's so true, and thought you might like a copy of it.
Hugs Brenda

A MAN IN GRIEF

It must be very difficult
To be a man in grief,
Since ‘men don’t cry’ and ‘men are strong’
No tears can bring relief.

It must be very difficult
To stand up to the test,
And field calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.

They always ask if she’s alright
And what’s she’s going through,
But seldom take his hand and ask,
‘My friend, but how are you?’

He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But ‘stays strong’ for her sake.

It must be very difficult
To start each day anew.
And try and be so very brave—
He lost his baby too.

(Eileen Knight Hagemeister)

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home