Friday, April 28, 2006

Moving on? Advice from people who have no idea

I think if another person says to me at the moment you must move on, or you should be improving by now I will punch someone. People that offer such advice have no idea !! I realise that most people are only trying to help you with comments that they have to say but unless you have been through it yourself then honestly you just can't relate. We are lucky that we have made some great new friends through this personal tradgety, couples that have been through similar experiences and it is nice to talk to them because they tend to understand where you are when it comes to your feelings and their advice is benefitial. My dearest friends seem to know the right things to say the majority of the time which is great and believe me both my wife and I have certainly figured out who our real friends are. They always try and help us and to these people we can't thankyou enough.
You feel like saying to the others, my son is still in heaven isn't he, and he is not coming back, how do I deal with that or move on as such, it is not as easy as you think.
Luke was our first born, and he will always be so special to my wife and I. The overpowering feeling that I had the instance I laid my eyes on him was unbelievable. A feeling that I will always hold as close to my heart as I possibly can. IT WAS JUST THE BEST.
Don't get me wrong I do appreciate peoples advice sometimes but only if they know what they are talking about and not just think they do.
I suppose I am just looking to vent my frustrations out on someone at the minute so thought I would type it to my blog. I just miss my little son and wish everyday that he was still here with us nice and healthy. I just feel so incomplete without him, like a piece of me died with him. It's probably the part of my heart that will be treasured for Luke and only Luke.
I know I must get my act together for my wife's sake and for mine because life does go on, even if you don't want it too sometimes, and I know that bubby would want his Mum and Dad happy and not always sad. I miss you everyday boy. xxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

Me again. People really do say stupid things. And it drives me nuts!
I hope you both have wonderful memories of your little man that bring a little smile to your face when you think about him.

Brenda

10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home