Wednesday, May 02, 2007

treasured friends + 2 x's

Well both CJ and I managed to get through Bubbies 2nd anniversary ok.....it was tough as this time of the year the memories of exactly what happened are crystal clear in your mind constantly, it's just learning to deal with such strong emotions and heartache. Some days I manage ok but others I'm hopeless. I still stuggle at the cemetary every time I go which is every 2nd night as I just hate Luke being there and leaving again in the car I feel like you are leaving him behind.
We are lucky to have such great friends who really care about us and always seem to be there when you need them most and I hope that they realise that we would be there for them too in a flash if ever need be.......we have at least 10 that we know of that actually visit Luke's little grave and it just means the world to both CJ and I because I'm sure it must be difficult for them.

Uncle P.....one of my oldest mates, a big tough looking bloke that is as soft as butter with a heart as big as Bass Straight, went to pieces when Bubby died but never ceases to amaze me.....one of the few people that have actually ever asked me about Luke and what he was like....xxx

D & J continue to amaze me, they are just 2 lovely people that we are lucky enough to be able to call close friends.......D is one bloke that I just reckon is the beez knees, .....a genuine bloke who is a great mate, and J his better half has been such a support to CJ from day one....they even made the effort to visit Bubby and give him a couple of flowers on his anniversary, it is things like this that just bring me to tears and makes me realise that we do have people that care about us and who will never forget Luke ......thanks so much I wish I could express to you exactly how much it means to me......I know you both read this so I thought I would put it here as I have wanted to say this for ages but could just never find the right words and I don't think even this does you both justice.xxxx

D & G,(Luke's God parents) fantastic people who are a tower of strength for us both.....where would we be without them. xxxx

M, K, A, L all great friends to Cindy who she can count on through good and bad times, so from me thankyou all xxx

Unlike the above mentioned friends I have found that others who called themselves my friends aren't worth a bucket of cold crap.........2 of my so called closest friends didn't even remember his birthday or his anniversary and only twigged when it was Anzac day.........I heard all sorts of excuses as to why but I'm not interested as I know that I could never forget anything like this if it concerned one of my best mates. I know I can be stubborn alot of the time but when it comes to me and my son, DON'T GIVE ME YOUR EXCUSES BECAUSE YOU CAN GET STUFFED as far as I'm concerned you don't warrant even being called a friend little alone a good mate.
I hope this doesn't sound horrible but I just can't fathom how they could forget, I know they were on holidays and away but I only expected a text, surely thats not too much to ask?.......and then to listen to the crappy reasons why he / she forgot was unbelievable.
Bubbies memory will live on forever because between me and his mummy plus our closest friends and family we won't let it.
Sweet Dreams little man Daddy loves you xxxxxxxxxxx

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you were let down by two of your so-called best friends, but not as sorry as I felt when you doubted yourself as a friend and a person. I will never forgive them for making you feel that way. I guess when you have experienced our loss you find out who our true friends really are and we are very lucky to have them still in our lives. You know you are better than that and I love you so much and always will xxx

6:28 pm  
Blogger Brenda said...

We lost most of our friends when Zak died. So I know how your feeling.

You know i kinda felt really sad when you said you go and see Luke every second night because you don't want him to be along.

Scott and I don't believe in a 'God' as such so don't think this is me saying hes ' in heaven' or anything like that. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just i don't want you thinking this is what I am saying now. BUT, i wanted to tell you that i don't think you NEED to go there so hes not alone. He's not there. He's in your heart and with you EVERY day. Watching over you both, sitting with you when your sad and smiling with you when your feeling happy and having a good day.

Hope I don't offend but your post just made me sad.

Hugs
xxx

9:45 am  
Blogger PROUD DADDY said...

Hi Brenda,
no offence taken, I understand what you are saying but I just like to check on my little man's special resting place, make sure his toys are standing up and that there is no rubbish anywhere near his grave, we had trouble with dogs there early on and also low life's that were pinching stuff from his grave so I like to check it all now. I can't look after Luke but i can look after his special area. I'm sorry you lost so many friends, alot of people just don't understand do they. I have lost my faith also as none of this will ever be right or fair. Take care of yourself and thanks for your comments xx

10:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time away.
Cant wait to hear how the holiday was when you get back!

Hugs
xxx

7:32 pm  
Blogger Brenda said...

Hi

Have been trying to post a comment on C's blog but it wont let me. Could you please pass the below post on to her. Thanks.

Hmmmm. I posted here yesterday and it seems to have gone 'walk about'. So I will say sorry if you get another post from me about the same old shit.
On the other hand, maybe I said something in that post that made you delete it?? Hope not!

Anyway, good news on the scan. Im so happy to read all is going well.
I am predicting your having a boy. Not sure why I think this, but i do. But whatever you have he/she will be very lucky to get to have a mum and dad that have wanted him/her so much.

Yup the car is a great idea. I might just follow in your footsteps if we ever get pg again. I know for sure Im not ever wearing my maternity clothes I had when I was pp with Zak. Couldnt stand to look at myself in the mirror.

Just think of all the stuff you will be able to buy for him/her for Xmas! What a wonderful Xmas it will be.

Hugs
xxx

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home